Paloma: One Match Away



Paloma Salazar was one of the first wrestlers recruited to FWO. Having made a name for herself as a carnival queen in Rio and a bikini model in Miami, she jumped at the opportunity to join our start up federation. After a string of impressive victories, she now has a chance to become the very first FWO champ. We recently sat down with her for a revealing interview.






FWO: So Paloma, after your initial debut did you ever think you'd earn a spot in the very first FWO title match?

Paloma: To tell you the truth, I didn't know if I still had a job after my loss to Jimmy. I had been excelling in training, but supposedly some of the instructors didn't like the way I was beating them up in practice. They went and told the people in charge that I was disobedient and was showboating. Jimmy took me off guard with his skills and he humbled me quite a bit. I really had to suck it up and listen to those weaklings for a little while afterwards. I've since brought in my own team of trainers, so that problem is solved.



FWO: What can you tell us about your training right now?

Paloma: A good warrior never gives away her secrets, but it should be obvious to anyone watching me train that I'm taking my BJJ to the next level. There are no shortages of jui jitsu schools back in Brazil, and my little sister is training at a very prestigious one. She spoke to her instructors and they hooked me up with a team that operates right here in LA. I'm also taking my exercise and nutrition very seriously. I've relied on my natural gifts in the past when I did some modeling, but training for my figure and training to fight are two different things all together.



FWO: Porshe is quite imposing. How do you respond to people who say she's out of your league?

Paloma: I tell them to open their eyes. And that they are stupid! I am just as good as her in the ring, if not better. And I think the fans know that, too. Just look at who is winning that poll: I am!


FWO: OK, but how will you deal with her superior strength?

Paloma: Wait until the 13th. You'll see.



FWO: Tell us about your time in Miami.

Paloma: Miami was wonderful, but I was a victum of my success. Local celebrities there are just that: local. I was doing a lot of club events after I was a well-established bikini model and swimsuit contest champion. Some in the Brazilian community knew me from my Carnival days. I was working really really long hours for not a lot of money. That's why I was so excited to come to LA.  Out here, stars are actually real stars.  What matters in LA, matters to the rest of the world.  And when I'm champion of FWO, this company will take off because people want to see stars like me competing.  It's as simple as that.







FWO: Thank you for your time.

Palama. No, thank you. And come the 13th of October, you'll be looking at the new champ!

0 comments:

Post a Comment